Latest Industry News and Information
It’s time to get real about the Use of Force
- Published: Monday, 13 May 2019 08:20
There will be times, as a security guard, when you will have no other option but to use force to achieve an operational objective or to defend yourself and/or others from a violent situation.
Examples of these situations may include:
- To restrain a violent patient from self-harm
- To defend yourself or another person from attack
- To remove an intoxicated person from a night club
- To move people from the scene of an accident
Changes ahead for the Security industry
- Published: Sunday, 14 October 2018 14:01
Over the past 2 years the Security Operations qualifications have undergone a major review to align with current industry standards and the national security climate.
Keep reading to find out what this means for you...
Why do I need to retrain?
- Published: Wednesday, 31 January 2018 08:20
Advantages of updating your qualifications
We are often asked: “Why do I have to do my security training again? I did it 10 years ago.”
This is a good question that has more than one answer - we thought we would tell you all about it.
Snake bite season…
- Published: Tuesday, 21 November 2017 15:20
I have heard people say, “the only good snake, is a dead snake”. While it is an amusing turn of phrase, let us not forget that these creatures play a significant role in controlling vermin and other pests.
Snakes demand respect. Australia is abundant with the deadly and the dangerous. A few of our local celebrities, found in South Australia, include the Eastern Brown Snake, Inland Taipan, King Brown, Red-bellied Black Snake and the Southern Death Adder.